Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Smart Accounts

I am the kind of person who will regularly check the his bank accounts to make sure they macth with his expense sheet (yes I have a Google spreadsheet that I use as my expense planner). Whenever I check my bank account I wonder if the expense sheet can be built into the account itself. When I sign my car EMI, Rent and Mobile bill cheques every month, I have to make sure that the sum (EMI, Rent and Bill) is there until the cheques are cleared, recalculating the amout left with me every time I check my account online.

Something as simple as a list built into the online account can make life much easier. The amount in his account will never be altered in any way but the data will be manageable and be used in different ways.

The bank can however use this personal data(with the consent of the user) to offer him different schemes. For e.g. A user spends Rs. 6500 on car EMI, this data can be used for different offers on financing a new/old car, replacing it with new ones etc. Same is the case with investment details.



There are a loads of services that can be offered to a user based on his account information.

No comments:

We are Robots

I've always been fascinated by UFOs ( Unidentified Flying Objects ) and stories related to these alien objects. The first story that I ...